Whether you’re coming from Anchorage to the north or Homer to the south, Summit Lake Lodge is centrally located and easy to get to.
(80 -miles, 1.5 hrs)
- Head south out of Anchorage on Gambell Street, which becomes AK1 - Seward Highway
- Continue on Seward Highway around the end of Turnagain Arm.
- Continue 10 miles past Hope Bridge to Summit Lake Lodge at milepost 45.5
(148 - miles, 4 hrs)
- Head northwest on AK-1/Lake St toward AK-1/Homer Bypass
- Continue on Sterling Highway (AK-1)
- At milepost 38 (Tern Lake), take a slight left at stop sign onto AK-9 (Seward Highway)
- Continue about 8 miles to Summit Lake Lodge